Sunday, February 3, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 33 - Soda Star!

I'm a girl who is very accustomed to drinking a can of soft drink with main meals - mostly dinner, but I've also accompanied many a lunch with a can of Pepsi Max. Funnily enough, as I've mentioned before I'm also a bit rubbish at getting enough water in me day-to-day. Enter my buddy in the photo above. I know that soda water is an acquired taste for lots of people, but luckily for me I grew up drinking it as a treat at my grandparents' house... they had a few of those old-school soda syphons (exactly like this one I found on ebay just now) and I thought it was amazing fun pouring myself a nice big glass of it. Naturally, I therefore had to drink the nice big glassful so as not to be wasteful and so I came to love the stuff. The soda syphons disappeared (probably in the bin, because they were dangerous beasts with their little gas bulbs) when my Grandma moved into a nursing home and for years I mourned the ability to make fresh soda water when I wanted to. Store bought wasn't the same. When I discovered there was a device creeping into the market called a Soda Stream, and I got one for Christmas a couple of years ago, my life was changed! Free, delicious soda water at three pushes of a button. Lately I've been drinking a lot more soda water and a lot less soft drinks, so I'm thinking this device is going to be a pretty big part in both my attempts at drinking more water AND at giving up soft drink completely later this month. Refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment