Friday, January 18, 2013

Healthy Girl 365, Day 18 - The Art of Uber-Planning

Welcome to one of my dorkier sides. One thing that I love about working in finance is spreadsheets. Organising data is fun! Yep, I just said that. So anyway, even though I'm disorganised in a lot of ways, in other ways I'm over-the-top in my desire to organise. One of the ways that this comes out is that I plan our meals every week - breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I find this is helpful not only when I go to the grocery store (because I only buy exactly what I need!) but it also means I don't end up being tempted to get takeaways on a whim after a long day at work because I know exactly what I've planned, and I have the ingredients right there in my fridge! Planning meals in advance also helps me know how I'm going to be 'spending' my Weight Watchers points during the week. It can take a little getting used to, but it's a great habit to be in for so many reasons! Tonight I planned out our meals all the way up to next Friday, and tomorrow after "walking club" in the morning I'll be heading to the shops with my detailed list. Spoiler alert: my shopping list is as uber-organised as my meal plan. And with that, you know me a little better...

No comments:

Post a Comment