Saturday, September 8, 2012

4 Simple Goals (before 2013)

It's been a super duper long time since I was last typing away on this little corner of the internet! For whatever reason, I let blogging fall by the way-side. This year has been one of my least inspiring of late, in some ways. Coincidence? Probably not! I've stopped making creative goals - any goals, for that matter. I've been a scattered mess! But lately I've been waking up and feeling the urge to kick things back into gear. And this morning, Elsie Larson invited me to do just that with her 4 Simple Goals (before 2013) So here it goes...

(on a side note, I'm horrified that I've deigned to put this photo up... since losing Picnik, the free online photo editing software, I'm at a loss with my photo editing. *cry*)

1. Be more intentional with my friendships: Guys, I'm in a rut. When I was single, I had this massive group of friends and we had a lot of fun. Then Chris and I got married, moved suburbs and moved churches, and for a while we had a community of people who lived near us that we could do life with. Then we moved back to our old church, and we're stuck in this limbo of needing to get to know people again. When you're married, it's easy to fall in the pattern of just hanging out together when you go out, but then one day you wake up and realise that you only have a small handful of friends. Friends are important!!

2. Take loads more photos: Pretty self-explanatory really! There are thousands of moments that have passed this year, that I wish I had photos of. We all take photos of the big things, but the day-to-day stuff, the little things that bring a smile to my face, are often lost and forgotten. Lame!

3. Be a recipe creator, not a recipe follower: One of my "one of these days" goals in life is to write a cook book... or, you know, lots of cook books! Also, I've always intended to be a food blogger. I have lots of ideas for new and exciting recipes in my head, but when it comes to planning the weekly meals on a Sunday night, I generally just go through my exploding recipe file, rather than planning out something of my own. So I'm *tentatively* going to commit to creating one new recipe each week, AND blogging it!

4. Fall in love with craft again: You know what I love? Pinterest! So many inspiring ideas. If there's an amazing DIY out there, you can be sure it's collecting digital dust in my Pinterest DIY Board. I have a whole craft room at my disposal, and the thing has become a dumping ground for every bit of junk we've collected over the last 3.5 years of marriage. While I don't have any crazy dreams of re-opening my Etsy shop, I do want to start doing some craft again, for me. And our home. And hey, maybe for gifts or something.

So there you have it! 4 Simple Goals that I'm hoping to start working towards achieving before 2013. Spring has just rolled around and it's the perfect time to start feeling inspired, so I'm encouraging you to set your own goals too! I'll check in and let you know how things are going on my end every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment