Sunday, July 3, 2011

What I Did 365 - Day 218

As of Wednesday, June 15 it's been five years since this crazy American agreed to date me! Wow. Five years doesn't sound like a long period of time, but that's a fifth of my life so far. I smile when I think back to the year that we were just friends... I find it strange that once upon a time, I knew Chris in a whole other capacity. If only we knew then what we know now hey? Actually, I find it even funnier when I think back to the day I met him - I was 19, working at Jesters (a pie shop) and he came in and bought a pie and a drink off me. He recognised me from church, and I felt incredibly guilty because I couldn't remember ever having seen him before in my life. I assumed he was 10 years older than me, and a travelling businessman (ha!) We parted ways, and I felt an immense stab of guilt for the next month every time I spotted him at church!

Anyway! We celebrated our five-year dating anniversary with Tapas at Rustico. We enjoyed pork & venison meatballs, crispy skin barramundi on creamed leek, potato croquettes, slow-cooked beef cheeks with bread annnnnd for dessert, churros! What a great night! I love this guy. It shocks me sometimes when I realise I love him even more than I did the week before. It sounds cliche, but it's so true. Even when we got married, feeling as though we couldn't possibly have any more capacity to love each other any more strongly, we had no idea of the amazingness that was to come... I love the surprises of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment