Thursday, May 5, 2011

What I Did 365 - Day 145

Midnight BBQ!... I want to make this a thing. Seriously! On Saturday I was knuckling down on an assignment, and suddenly it was 11.30pm and Chris came up to me and said "So... what's happening with dinner?" Bless! Many may have ducked out to McDonalds at this point, or tackled the old vegemite on toast. But not us! We set to work shelling prawns, I soaked some bamboo skewers and whipped up a marinade, and in no time at all we were enjoying delicious thai prawns with a herb and apple salad. The recipe came from Master Chef magazine and I'm nuts about it! I feel all gourmet when I make it because the marinade uses ingredients like coriander roots, and you paste it up in a mortar and pestle. Definitely best served at 12.30am. I really got so much enjoyment out of the smell of prawns on the BBQ at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment