Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Pretties...




Anthropologie is my happy place. When Chris and I went to California a couple of years ago I made him take me out to the nearest Anthropologie shop - probably about an hour from his Dad and step-mother's place in Long Beach, in a cadillac with no air-con, on a scorching Summer day. What can I say? The man loves me, and I love Anthropologie! And him. I love him more. But Anthropologie was a huge novelty and I couldn't leave the states without having visited this elusive store where all the trendy American bloggers buy their beautiful things. And it didn't disappoint - it housed the most beautiful displays I'd ever seen in my life! I browsed around for more than an hour just soaking it in, and trying to find lightweight, adorable souvenirs I could justify purchasing and packing into a suitcase (I settled on a set of salt and pepper shakers, a flower for my hair and the Domino interior decorating book). So that's my background when it comes to Anthropologie.

Imagine my delight when they started shipping to Australia! It's horrifically costly, but worth it as a one-off indulgence every now and then. Which brings me to the plates above. The world's most perfect sets of plates for high teas or brunches are on their way out to me, and I'm giddy about receiving them! And now I'm locking away my debit card so I stop spending so darn much...

No comments:

Post a Comment