Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I Did 365 - Day 51

Last Thursday night I was home alone, but it was one of those frustrating nights where I needed company in order to avoid being completely lethargic on the couch. I hadn't planned anything for dinner, so I didn't have many groceries to cook with, and instead of kicking myself in the butt to go to the shops I pretty much just sat there and watched Modern Family. Around 9pm I still hadn't thought about what to eat, and begrudgingly decided just to duck out to McDonalds and grab something. I wasn't in a great mood - being uninspired and probably pretty tired too - and to my frustration I found, after lining up in drive-thru behind 4 other cars, that the drive-thru eftpos machine was broken. Flippin' fantastic. So I parked and lined up inside. Where I found the above sign, pinned to a board. My heart practically exploded! The Christmas Breakfast is an event we're running through Paradox - a free breakfast for the community on Christmas Day. It was so good seeing this reminder that I'm a part of an amazing community, and on Christmas morning I get to be a part of blessing the people who live around me. I'm looking forward to it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment